Thursday, June 19, 2014

A time and place for everything


I felt like practicing some handwritten type and the first thing that popped up in my head
was this verse from Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. The verse is attributed to King Solomon, but it's
thanks to the Byrds and their cover of Pete Seeger's Turn!Turn! Turn! that I first paid
any attention to it. I thought it was pretty cool that a bible verse had been used almost
verbatim, and had been turned into such a popular song. The verse itself is about how
there is a purpose to everything we see and experience around us and nothing is
random even if it seems so. Also, nothing is permanent ( which is why perhaps -
Turn, turn, turn)


1 comment:

  1. Your work is brilliant!
    I have always wanted to do hand-drawings like this on a digital medium.
    What software/ device do you use to draw these gems?

    Keep it up!
    -A new fan

    ReplyDelete

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

There was an error in this gadget